Tuesday, 31 January 2017

Part 2: Small victories

If you love something so much it makes you hate yourself it might be time to change. My relationship with food is terrible, I just want to eat everything. At a restaurant I'd order the whole menu if I could (Except seafood, that's gross!).  I also like free things, by Odin's beard do I like free things... so when someone offers me free food it is really hard to decline.

That's why this week I am super glad I have been able to at least not partake in one of my most consistent weaknesses the dreaded fizzy drink. While I am sure I will feel the sirens call of that sweet nectar I am glad so far to have kept away from it. At regular intervals this week I have even managed to drink that vile liquid that fish swim in, I hear this is good for you or something.

When it comes to the more physical aspects of being healthy, I have managed to do the dreaded exercise in a variety of painful, embarrassing and strangely entertaining ways. I have been swimming, gyming and swinging swords like the crazed person that I am. I still need to kick this up another notch though and am keen on any swimming company or people who want to compete at the gym with me.

Today I weighed myself after enacting some small changes over the last week and was very surprised to find out that I had lost three kgs. That's the first weight loss recorded in a long time so I am pretty happy. I mentioned it to one of the trainers at the gym and they took a photo of me to post on the gyms page. It was a weird experience, I had a very rare sense of pride in myself that I struggled to hold onto as my normal negativity reminded me that I still wasn't able to fly.

This next week is hopefully going to consist on a nerdtastic weekend followed by a retreat to my grandparents to master the art of eating like a normal person. With any luck I'll come back with some good habits and a clear mindset to continue my progress.

Eli Moon

1 comment: