Wednesday, 22 February 2017

Part 4: Impacting Infinity.

So another day another dollar, wait... wrong units of measurement. Another week, another Kg down. I like this news, personally I was quite worried that I would have stayed at the same weight this week due to a couple of lapses in diet. I think what carried the progress was a fair amount of exercise coupled with actually drinking that transparent fluid that comes out of the metal thing in the kitchen.

I had an idea of rewarding myself as I make progress in ten kg installments, not with food sadly but with something fun. That way as I progress to my overall goal of losing fifty Kgs (And my secret goal of losing it all so I can slide under doorways) I have small rewards to look forward to. At the moment I have 52 weeks to lose 50 Kgs and I'm 4 weeks in and have lost 7, so it certainly seems doable (With a couple of weeks to stuff around maybe!).

One thing I have found is the effect on my body as I try and increase the amount of exercise. My ankle has been tender for the last week and my shoulder keeps making a nasty sound when I rotate it. I believe the swimming has helped with both of them but It's only going to get more intense before it gets less intense.

I ran yesterday. I was thinking of how to write that statement as less of childish exclamation but actually screw it, I'm pretty excited about that. I did it where no one could see and of course I wasn't able to keep it up for very long but I damn well did it. Next up I am going to attempt to fly. I joke but actually doing something that is normally outside of your ability makes you feel a bit heroic. I have had a few moments recently of feeling powerful and they are always welcome.

I also found out that the anxiety feeling I have when I think about space or other vast things and the panic attacks often triggered by that is called Apeirophobia and is about a fear of Infinity. It often affects people with low self esteem, so maybe as I lose weight and become the Eli I want to be I'll have a better chance of combating it.

Eli Moon

No comments:

Post a Comment