Progress is hard won lately. I have found however if I eat the vegetables I have more energy, if I swim I have more flexibility and if I scream my feelings out at sky I have more annoyed neighbors. Basically its the paint by numbers approach to dieting and mental health which is honestly so not sexy or glamorous but it works.
The biggest change this week I've noticed is my footwork, I'm getting closer to being able to fricken dance folks... so maybe my dream of being prom queen isn't so far fetched. I've noticed when I move I can do things I couldn't before, things that beforehand my body would give me a big WARNING TOO FAT signal before I even tried em.
This isn't to say I am currently doing flying somersaults over small buildings, just that noticeable change is returning and honestly that is fantastic. I'm still struggling to get back to my pre-covid level of enthusiasm for literally anything but seeing some of the changes I'm excited!
I am pretty keen to see more progress over the oncoming weeks. I know what I need to do to succeed and now its just a matter of damn doing it. I think for me the battle isn't just the workouts and the diet but having to deal with the pretty apathetic person that lives in my brain most days. So each day I'm flipping a coin to see which wins, the depression or the progression.
No comments:
Post a Comment