Thursday, 2 March 2017

Part 5: Tonight's the kinda night.

Tonight I am exhausted. I'm bleeding from sword hilts and can feel the oncoming bruises that will appear tomorrow morning. Tonight I have feet that feel like lead and a strong desire to never have to go outside ever again. Tonight I feel awesome.

There is nothing quite like pushing yourself and figuring you can do something that you couldn't a week before. Today I noticed how much easier I could move and my feet actually obeyed my commands. Yesterday after 40 minutes at the gym I realized that would have killed me a month before now barely affected me.

I think it's time to kick it up a notch and intensify things. I'm not super concerned about the numbers although I lost another kg last week which takes it to 8 all up, I'm told that half of a kg to one kg is a good sustainable number. What I am really impressed with is the fact that I am able to fit into some of my nicer clothes. I think this is an important step to feeling good again.

Last week I went to a party, This sort of thing doesn't normally appeal to me. Parties that I do not host normally have me feeling like some kind of awkward ugly duckling. I however showed up and made people laugh, I was my best possible self. I was rude, humorous and I found myself falling into a persona I haven't adopted in a very long time... confident Eli.

It's nice to feel like I have the ability to go places and socialize with people in their natural (and frightening!) habitats. Although people keep mentioning to me as I lose weight that they think they have found it, I don't think they are very impressed when I then mention I aim to lose fifty kgs in a year.

I think I want to find another active hobby, with it getting colder I know I am going to need to replace swimming with in a couple of months. I am actually leaning towards dancing but haven't yet located a style/studio that works for me. I'm not looking forward to being a novice in a hobby again but it is time to become super graceful ninja Eli.

Eli Moon

1 comment: