Today I woke up in pain. An old injury in my shoulder that never properly healed has stopped by to say hello, my knuckles are bruised from training and my feet feel heavy and leaden after my attempts at swimming yesterday. Today is the day that the efforts of the last weeks catch up to me...
I'm tired, I'd like to rest. I'd like to just have coffee and paint all day and rock out to some music. I want to sit still and let that headache I've had brewing for the last couple of days break like a wave upon a rock. I'd like to rest... but not yet.
I've got a good thing going, yesterday I was able to do both a three hour swim and then training for my Medieval swordfighting group. Even after a swim I had more stamina than I have had in a long time, being able to don a helmet and move swiftly and surely on my feet is absolutely brilliant. I mean I'm no nimble gazelle prancing in a windswept meadow but I am seeing a quick and remarkable improvement.
I am spotting small improvements already, I am wearing clothes I haven't been able to wear for a long time and I am able to fit through doorways easier (Which embarrassingly was a awkward thing for me, but I promised to be honest). I also have a lot more energy into the evening and I'm not having to have an abusive relationship with coffee to function anymore, it is still the nectar of the gods don't get me wrong but I don't need it. My relationship with sleep is improving as well, I am waking up less throughout the night and that is absolutely fantastic.
One thing I have to mention is the amazing people I have been meeting at the pool, there has been so many inspiring people I have met that are on similar or even more harrowing missions than myself. People with intense disabilities that they are striving to overcome. One of the most heartwarming things is seeing how many people have their family and friends there helping them as I myself have had some of you helping me.
I can feel the soreness in my body calling me to stay home right now, but screw that. I'm off for a swim.
AquaMoon
No comments:
Post a Comment