Wednesday, 22 January 2020

Part 1: That's no Moon, that's an AquaMoon

I think there is a power in declaring my intentions, like the universe might actually aid me in actualizing this damn goal. It's a problem I have had all my life, well at least as far back as I can remember. It's a horribly apparent thing that it seldom needs clarification, that if you know me you have realized it. I am overweight to the point that I should by all reason have my own gravitational pull.

I've spent years drowning myself in depression and allowing myself to be consumed by this darkness as I myself consume... but honestly I just don't want to be that anymore... and I wish I could tell you wear this sudden epiphany has come from, this sudden burst of motivation and clarity that appears to cut through the self curated apathy I've been stuck in for long. I wish I could point to something and say "This" is the reason I'm doing what I'm doing... but I can't.

It's not like the last time I was semi-successful, I was fueled by some extreme anger and self loathing that I just don't have anymore. There's just this zen like clarity that this is what needs to happen. So how is it going to happen one might be inclined to ask... how do I plan to lose the weight?

Well... swimming? That is what I have at the moment. Swimming is low impact and doesn't make me pay too hard for the effort I put in. It's something that my body doesn't afterwards say to me "You're gonna need a couple of days to recover now punk". Its also damn liberating, like being in the water I move like one of the folks whose bodies don't feel all broken.

I have been in the water for eight of the last ten days, some days with swimming buddies and some days with just my music to keep me company. I'm trying to make this a sustainable effort where I can get to the point that I can do more activities on dry-land (Yes I have started talking like a sailor)

So, lets treat this as a statement of intent. This is me saying this is my plan, I'm going to swim until my blue whale body is more killer whale, I'm going to have a heap of fun while doing it... and I'm going to do it in my usual damn style.

AquaMoon

3 comments:

  1. Welcome back Eli, I missed your blog😔 but excited for you since I heard you were going to be blogging again. Ps, couldnt you aim for dolphin, not that keen on killer sharks tbh
    💜💙💚

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I dunno, I think Orcas look so dressed up in their slick black and white attire. I missed writing it, but I only want to write it if I deserve to write it and I didn't feel like I was doing enough for a long time to deserve it.

      Delete