Thursday, 14 May 2020

Part 30: Daybreak

As the lockdown ends (hopefully permanently) I'm reenvirgorated to get back into swimming and making progress. Getting the same kind of workout during the lockdown as been pretty tough and I'm so stoked to be getting back into what was working for me.

Lockdown felt like a holding pattern of trying to keep all the weight from just piling back on all at once and man it was pretty close. I gotta say, accidentally starting therapy just as the world is turning to absolute chaos was a fantastic accident. It let me focus on getting some things in order and will be a vital part of getting to where I need to go. 

some other positive things about the lockdown was that I got to focus on controlling my diabetes with fewer distractions, I got to know what worked well for me and what didn't. I figured out what was going to cause me intense pain and what would be manageable. I also found out during this period that my dream of running away and being a rugged mountain man living off the grid is absolutely not my style, I missed people. Just even being around strangers yesterday provided some comfort after eight weeks of very little social interaction. 

I'm going to keep this entry short and just say thanks to the people who helped me through this hard time whether it was by grocery deliveries, human communication or just positive messages of support for the future that lay ahead of the lockdown. I hope everyone else is ok, I cannot imagine the difficulties that many of you would have faced over the lockdown... all I can say is that watching how we weathered the storm together with compassion and understanding was the first time I have felt truly proud to call myself a kiwi. 

Moon


No comments:

Post a Comment