Monday, 9 June 2014

Part 18:Patience and other swear words.

My feet ache, there is the pain of the amount of walking I have done, the shard of glass I stepped on this morning and the corporate shoes I can finally fit due to my legs persisting in resisting the invasive illness that ails them. A civilised gentleman would take this pain and wear his victory silently as a small smug smile on his face, but I am no gentleman.

Fortunately I know that I couldn’t long regale you with tales of fancy shoes and injured feet, just a bit of an update. I have found the wagon and climbed on, every now and then I am tested sourly and some days I fail. When I fail it’s easy for one failed meal to become a day of naughty food, my mind tells me that I have broken the rules once today, what the hell! This mind set is a deadly diet destroyer, the bane of all healthy eating. Perseverance! This word will be my anthem, until I finally learn how to spell it without spell checker.  I’ll repeat it in my mind until I hate every syllable. Only then can I breathe victory.

Water has become a snack, my water bottle is now an accomplice to my aspirations. It sickens me to say that for years the only water I ever drunk was contained in my coffee. I feel lots better all hydrated and what not. I have come a long way from smuggling bottles of fizzy drink home and I hope to go a long way still.

I have new clothes and a new suit is on the horizon. Not many people could understand how important this is to me. This is pure happiness. The idea of things I can fit fills me with a joy so liberating you’d believe this fat guy could fly. Armed with the knowledge looking beautiful is around the corner I find myself optimistically looking to the future. I think it’s time to bedazzle my room in motivational posters!


I’d like to thank a couple of people who have helped lots with my recent upswing in positivity, one is my best friend Sophie who has supported me through the last three years, sometimes when I didn’t deserve her support. The other person is my mother Francesca, who has never refused to help me when I can show I’m willing to help myself. With the help these people and others give me, I’m going to be amazing.

1 comment:

  1. You already are amazing! Keep moving forward, and you will start to believe it yourself!

    ReplyDelete