This is a declaration to the bully, whose face I have forgotten, but whose actions I remember. Fat people are often perceived as lazy, unattractive and stupid. Any quick google search on the matter will decide the matter... Ignorant people are out there... and they don't appreciate how pretty we make them look. Come on guys you'll look a right stud standing next to me... just don't open your mouth. The tolerance being abnormal grants someone, through dealing with often bullying and isolation is incredible, it's clear the ignorant need to learn some.
Lazy? Mate... try carrying around an extra hundred kgs on your flesh everyday and see how many star jumps you are motivated to do! When I was at my biggest every step I took was a long jump of yours and those flights of stairs? reaching the top was flight. You don't know. You couldn't know. I have immense self respect for every little walk I do.
Unattractive? Oh buddy, I'm freaking beautiful, I have so much beauty in my little overworked heart. I searched and found what makes me awesome. While you preened in the mirror I dug deeper and looked into my soul, because you told me my beauty wasn't visible. I found my beauty, you found your skin, I think I won there and that victory tastes sweeter than a thousand soft drinks!
Stupid? Wait... what? I spent my time reading book after book in my lunchtime solitude, I lived among dinosaurs, astronauts and knights in armour. I shut my mouth and listened, knowing that you and your damn friends didn't care for a word I had to say. I listened and learnt. I learnt about people and kindness, Monsters and cruelty. I learnt the sad price a pretty face can cost your humanity, at least for a while.
Now you may have grown up, you may regret your actions, but think it didn't matter. You are wrong, my skin proved to be as thick as you but others destroy themselves based on the idea that they aren't good enough. I didn't self destruct. I was lucky, others aren't. I have moved past my pain, but I am not blind to that of others.
My dear bully you can't even imagine being able to wear this weight, I wouldn't wish it upon anyone, even you. Somehow more importantly you don't deserve to understand the lessons it has taught me, I know how to value my efforts, I know how to love the real me and I appreciate the wisdom your exclusion granted me.
I took your words and I took your actions, I did not speak. You thought me lazy, you were wrong, You thought me unattractive, you were wrong, You thought me stupid, You were wrong.
Eli Nelson
No comments:
Post a Comment