Thursday, 24 April 2014

Part 9:Have you met my new friend Gym?

I don't care how anti violence anyone is... everyone should own an punching bag. I have been going to the gym lately and working on my weight, but last time was special. I destroyed a punching bag (And my finger and wrist). I punched the crap out of it in a feverish frustration with so many things, I really am surprised its still swinging. When I had finished punching this innocent punching bag I felt good. It really helps to work out some feelings.

I have decided to view the gym as an adversary, I walk in and mentally say "fuck you, bet you didn't think I'd be back". fortunately my level of insanity hasn't progressed to the point where the gym says anything back... yet. It feels good to walk in there and just know in half an hour or so I'm going to be in terrible pain, which is not something I can say I have experienced before.

When did water start tasting good? Thats weird, I swear someone has stolen my taste buds. its been at least two weeks since I have even wanted a custard square... all these changes its like puberty all over again except less embarrassing... wait nope, about the same level of embarrassment. But seriously the few times I have had junk food it hasn't lived up to my memories of it. So doing I'm doing ok on that front (even though the bartender last night told me about a liquor you can add to a hot chocolate that makes it taste like a bounty bar).

Also lately I'm having something of an adversarial relationship with scales... I suspect some are tricking me, but I have measured myself on two reliable ones and between the two of them I can work out I'm somewhere between 183-185kgs which is 16-14kgs lighter than my heaviest... holy fucking wow. I'm not getting to excited as I know at the start you can lose heaps and then its slow going, So I am realistic about the frustrating time that will follow this easy burst of weight loss. All the same I'm losing chins and happy for it.

You know I have a pain in my hand from the punching bag, a weariness in my knees from the exercise bike and cuts on my feat from where they have split from walking, but you know what I feel good... So I'm going to go say fuck you to my new friend Gym.

Eli Nelson
183-185kgs or something.

4 comments:

  1. Remember hun, the scales arnt always going to be correct! Always measure yourself every week because as you loose body fat and gain muscle from going to the gym you weight may look like its not dropping quick enough. You have to remember than muscle weighs more than fat. Measuring yourself will give a more accurate account of what's happening to your body. You'll be slimming down an building muscle which is awesome!

    ReplyDelete
  2. I LIKE your new friend! He's going to take you to places you have never seen before.Give Gymn my love. xxxx

    ReplyDelete
  3. No trickery...your weight loss is noticeable to me!

    ReplyDelete