Tuesday, 11 February 2020

Part 11: Well... Fuck.

So this one is going to be a hard one to write, but ah. I said I'd be honest and in some ways its easier doing this through the faceless medium of a blog than individually having the same conversation. I have been in the hospital for a problem with my veins, its a normal problem to me at this point, I've had it for ten years now... this was just the worst flair up I have every seen.

A couple months ago I started feeling really tired. Like could barely move sometimes... I blamed this on the weight and started changing first my diet and then my exercise regime around this (Which overall is regarded as a controversial move). I started to feel a lot better and I was sure that my tiredness now was due to my excessive exercise.

However yesterday my blood tests came back and it made it clear that one of my biggest personal fears was about to come true. I am now considered a Type 2 Diabetic. I am still processing exactly what this means to but it certainly is going to impact my lifestyle immensely.

And you know what? I think its going to be in a good way, I have a chance to reverse it if I act quickly and decisively and as I was already doing well before I got it I don't see any reason why I should let it get in my way. Am I slightly demoralized? Aye, but the support I have is fantastic and I know that I can be better than what I have been doing.

Meanwhile, I am still laying in a hospital room, hooked up to a meds dispenser and inflicting my terrible jokes on anyone who will listen, seems like the last thing anyone would ever hear from me is the sound of my laughing at my own jokes.

Speaking of jokes, like played a good one on me yesterday. The first thing that happened after the doctor informed me that I am a diabetic, the kitchen crew at the hospital brought me a massive slice of chocolate cake with cream. I love life's comedic timing sometimes!

MoonLite

No comments:

Post a Comment