Far off from my nautical home exists a land of pain and discomfort. Its a place where everything hurts more and requires a couple thousand percent more energy for even simple tasks. While it isn't advised many Merfolk are known to crawl out upon Drylandia every now and then to compose blog entries or acquire fresh coffee.
Today I have noticed my Drylandia flexibility has increased, while I'm not quite ninja grade yet I do have a lot of movement I have been lacking. I move more powerfully and with purpose, my stumbling gait now slightly more refined. I am finding my strength returning to me and its becoming really hard to avoid not testing it out by throwing things, flipping tables or otherwise being destructive. There is a playful nature to feeling the power well up once more as my body remembers it's lost potential.
I find myself dancing a lot, not well mind you. Even after doing three or more hours in the pool each day I can feel the energy return to me quicker and as soon as I regain it I want to expend it again. Each time I can do something new I feel this little rush and my brain screams "Awesome!!"
It would be hard not to get addicted to that, I think as I receive a beautiful little burst of enthusiasm as I deliver a kick to head height of my punching bag. I follow up with the a few punches and feel fantastic as my shoulders click like a musical instrument that falls muted as the chain of the punching bag clinks as it gently rocks back and forth.
While my strength improves on Drylandia It fails to compare to the handstands I have been able to do underwater. If you wanna know bliss it's when a 200+ KG dude figures out he can do a handstand and then walk around on his hands. This week has had some awesome moments, some people who have been unaware of my nautical activities have just blurted out those three little words... no not those ones, I mean the "You've lost weight!".
I realized something quite strange, most of my current friends have only known me at my worst. Struggling with depression, over eating and just general Illness. If I truly succeed, If I pull myself out of this rather horrible state I have been in... then these folks are going to see something that they have never seen before.
No comments:
Post a Comment