Monday, 24 February 2020

Part 13: I'm giving her all she's got captain!

Wounds heal slow and I'm stuck moving at half speed, I am keenly feeling that my progress I was making in the field of exercise has been slowed to a bit of a crawl with swimming every second day rather than every day at the moment. I want to splash through the water at my previous speed but there is a large amount of pain that lingers like some kind of unwelcome guest in my body.

There is however an old thought rattling around in my brain that I can only excel at one thing at a time. So while my exercise is stumbling somewhat my approach to food has improved drastically. My portion sizes are better and I find it so much easier to choose good options, I.e low sugar and low carbs. While I am not explicitly cutting anything out in particular I am making some good decisions like not allowing quantities of bread especially to enter my shopping trolley. It's not that bread itself is that bad, it's just the way I consume it is ridiculous. 

The only thing I worry about is the sustainability of healthy eating and the cost. Man, I dunno about you but when did lettuce get so expense? Its basically leaves and there are heaps of those around right? It's clear to me that I need to reengage the green thumb I once had and resurrect a vege garden. If you find a massive amount of soil missing from your backyard I humbly apologize. 

One thing interesting did happen recently, I've had panic attacks for a while and had the misfortune of having one while at the poolside. I was approaching hyperventilation territory when my panic ridden brain decided that I could breath easier in the pool and decided to dive in. Never has such a stupid risk paid off so much before as I instantly felt the calming influence of the water and the weightlessness helped correct my silly brain's assault upon itself. 

The actual weight loss aspect is going well... t-shirts and hoodies grow baggy upon my still very round form as I shed weight slowly. I have noticed the biggest decreases on my chin(s?), there is just less weight everywhere. Apart from the injury I move better too, my muscles are looser from the swimming and everything just feels better. My energy levels and focus are far improved, although my limits are still below what I'd consider the norm. I'm pretty impressed with myself though, this is pretty new for me and I'm enjoying exploring what this world might hold for me, even if I am having to explore it at a limping pace right now.

MoonLite

No comments:

Post a Comment