Today was a productive day. It didn't start off that way. This morning started with an intense amount of pain as I paid the price for being far too enthusiastic with my "Aquajumping" yesterday. I contemplated what chasing one hundred was about... why the milestone of spending so many hours swimming in the pursuit of this mattered so much to me. In the end I drew a blank, it just does... and I'll allow any drive that propells me forward. I waited until my body decided it was time to stop hurting me and I crawled out of bed.
It was here that my willpower began to test me, for I hungered for the worst food possible. My phone was a conduit to summoning such morsels directly to me and forgeting my progress I began to order a massive amount of food... bit I stopped at literally the last possible moment and my stomach and willpower went through four rounds of bare knuckle boxing until I slammed my phone down declaring my willpower the winner.
Alas today I would have to do battle with a most fearsome opponent, a local medicine man who held power over my ailments and rights regarding them. Normally in such a theatre of battle I would prove to be meek and make little progress with the fearsome GP... but I brought along someone who possessed the power of organisational skills and sass. We arrived to do battle equiped with a list and a mission to address as much of it as possible.
We struck, our fifteen minute appointment became a race against the clock as while the doctor attached a blood pressure machine to my arm... we proceeded to strong arm him methodically into attacking each item on the list. We emerged victorious, the doctor only inflicting one superfical wound. He was not optimistic that my condition would improve without "starving myself". I scoffed at this remark and promptly ate him.
Having slain one foe we entered a world of panic as I tackled the panic causing beast called the motorway. Sadly after several crashes I do not exist comfortably in a world of speed and metal so I proceeded to "freak the hell out". Our quest was worthy though as we arrived at our destination with only slight terror and panicked singing of Abba's "Take a chance on me".
Before us held the prize. My holy grail. A glorious store full of clothes that actually fit me properly.. these are as rare as hens teeth. Alas... the price was gold. Each item of clothing clocking in at a pretty penny. I went merely to look today. Knowing that soon the spoils would be mine.
Having fought several battles today I look forward to chilling out on the beach tonight for a dear friends birthday. Tomorrow will have other battles with instinctive appetite, professional gatekeepers and perhaps another heavy dose of panic.
MoonLite
No comments:
Post a Comment