Tuesday, 24 March 2020

Part 23: This Winter might be rough.

So a month ago if you'd told me that the world would conspire to put me back in the situation where I gained all the weight in the first place I would have laughed you off. As the main character in my story I tend to have this vain view on how things are supposed to progress. Here we are though, my world is in isolation, that means no swimming, no seeing people and they cancelled the olympics so there goes one of my goals this year!

It would be really easy while confined to the house to just depression eat and play video games. The reality of being immunocompromised means that I might have to spend far longer being isolated than others. Keeping myself busy is going to be essential and that means projects, preferably outdoors projects really.

It's going to be a challenge to keep my mental health in check, isolation reminds me of some pretty bad times in my life when I didn't do anything or have any friends. I am glad the whole facebook thing exists and this blog might provide some sanity but there is so much madness to be found in those quiet moments.

My goals for this period are pretty simple,

Be available for those that need me.
Build up my strength once more for sword fighting.
Rekindle my love for gardening.
Do something active every day.
Find something to laugh about every day. 

These are all pretty basic things but the world has changed and they are necessary, this is going to be rough on everyone. I'm going to try tackle it with humour and weirdness, for I know no other way.

Apocalyptic MoonLite

No comments:

Post a Comment