Today was going to be a good day. I woke up early and prepared myself to smash another milestone. One I have been approaching rapidly as my stamina increases. As of today I have clocked up over 100 hours in the pool over a period of about five weeks. It's been a range of things from aqua jogging, jumping, swimming, weights and more recently handstands... but its all been good movement.
My friend who runs the pool decided to help me celebrate this achievement by making me a certificate which I as I am such a child at heart I still love getting something like this. She also did something else amazing, a couple of blog posts again I talked about some swimmers questioning other swimmers about their disabilities inappropriately. In response to me bringing this to her attention the pool manager has put up some fantastic signs, which read "Not all every disability is visible, please respect other patrons" Hopefully these improve things for those that suffer with a hard to notice disability.
I'm honestly pretty stoked for hitting 100 hours, It's been a really eye opening journey so far and I have met many people with interesting stories that could make far better blogs than mine! I think that the thing I am happiest with is the fact that I can start thinking a little more optimistically about the future. Where I was heading before was pretty grim, if I stayed on that path I was just going to get sicker and sicker. I have a chance now and am doing my best to seize it.
When I think about that week I spent in hospital I'm just so grateful for it, in some ways its the best thing that could have happened. I got so used to eating smaller portions that outside of the hospital I am still managing to not overeat and I have been able to resist. I don't know whether the strength I have now is artificial or real but while I am able to do this and it's easy I'm going to keep it up.
I have this idea that I want to do something to celebrate this milestone, but I have no clue what I want to do. Perhaps inspiration will come to me later but for now I am just going to rest and dream of Atlantis.
MoonLite


No comments:
Post a Comment